Use your new design skills for good! We're looking for a full-time junior designer to join our team to work on projects for national and international causes.
Make a difference in the world through design. Ultravirgo, a small, collaborative agency in Brooklyn, is looking for a passionate junior graphic designer to join our team to work on projects for national and international mission-driven clients, including the United Nations, Parkinson's Foundation, and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. You'll get to contribute to a wide range of projects including brand systems, print reports, websites and campaigns.
Who We Are
We are an independent branding and design agency that empowers brands on a mission. We partner with good organizations, and good people, using strategy-led design to ignite creativity and deliver unexpected solutions that expand impact.
Who you are
- 0-3 years of experience. Have a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or 2 years of real-world experience.
- Position is currently fully remote, but must be able to work on-site in Downtown Brooklyn when we return to the office, likely mid-2021.
- Must have expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and an understanding of print production methods.
- Love the small agency model, can wear multiple hats, and work collaboratively as a team.
- Fluent in typography and layout with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-directed with strong time management skills
- Passionate and positive about humanity.
- Must want to design for NGO, non-profit, and foundation clients.
- Support the creative team in development of design concepts
- Work with Creative Director and designers to produce specific layouts for annual reports, brochures, websites, campaigns, visual identity systems, social media graphics, etc
- Typesetting of content and creation of charts/infographics for print materials, managing and implementing client feedback to layouts
- Preparation of clean production-ready files for print and digital
- Experience with non-profit and cause-related clients/industries.
- Multilingual capabilities.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: $48-60k
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage including One Medical membership
- 401k retirement plan
- TransitChek and CitiBike commuter benefits
- Professional development budget
- 15 days PTO, plus 15 company holidays and Community Service leave
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Ultravirgo is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.