Use your design skills for good! We're looking for a full-time mid-level brand designer to join our team to work on projects for national and international causes.
Make a difference in the world through design. Ultravirgo, a small, collaborative agency in Brooklyn, is looking for a passionate graphic designer to join our team to work on projects for national and international mission-driven clients, including the United Nations, Parkinson's Foundation, and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. You'll contribute to a wide range of projects including brand systems, print reports, websites and campaigns.
Who We Are
We are an independent branding and design agency that empowers brands on a mission. We partner with good organizations, and good people, using strategy-led design to ignite creativity and deliver unexpected solutions that expand impact.
Who you are
- 2-5 years of real-world experience. (Minimum of 2 years on-the-job experience if you have a design-related degree, or 3 years without.)
- Excel at systems-based design, such as brand identity, interactive, etc.
- Position is currently remote, but must be able to work on-site in Brooklyn when we return to the office later this year.
- Must have expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Love the small agency model, can wear multiple hats, and work collaboratively as a team.
- Strong typography and layout skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Think conceptually and strategically to develop solutions-oriented designs.
- Self-directed with strong time management skills.
- Passionate and positive about humanity.
- Must want to design for NGO, non-profit, and foundation clients.
- Collaborate with design and strategy teams to develop design concepts.
- Work with creative team to produce specific designs for visual identity systems, logos, annual reports, websites, campaigns, social media graphics, etc.
- Typesetting of content, creation of charts/infographics materials, managing and implementing client feedback, etc.
- Preparation of clean production-ready files for print and digital.
- Experience with non-profit and cause-related clients/industries
- UX/UI experience
- Motion graphics capabilities
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage including One Medical membership
- 401k retirement plan, with company matching
- TransitChek and CitiBike commuter benefits
- Professional development budget
- 15 days PTO, plus 15 company holidays and Community Service leave
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Ultravirgo is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.